You know what they say: everything’s better with meatballs. And while we love a classic spaghetti and meatball dish, sometimes you want something different.
That’s where these air fryer meatballs come in.
These meatballs are juicy, crispy, and full of flavor. They’re also quick and easy to make, making them the perfect weeknight meal.
If you’re looking for a new way to enjoy your favorite comfort food, look no further than this recipe.
Air Fryer Meatballs Recipe
Air fryer meatballs are a quick and easy way to get juicy, crispy meatballs without all the hassle. This recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal or appetizer.
Mix your favorite meatball recipe with olive oil and bread crumbs, then air fry for a few minutes until golden brown.
How to make meatballs that hold their shape without feeling thick and dry? These meatballs on the air fryer are slightly fresh on the outside and tender on the inside.
For a healthier option, finely chopped white mushrooms are mixed with minced meat to reduce calories and fat content.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- One large egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups finely chopped white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Panko
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup fruit jelly to serve (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the mushrooms in one layer for 3 to 5 minutes. Stir occasionally until the moisture evaporates. Cool and add to the beef mixture and stir until lightly combined.
- Fold the Panko and stir until evenly distributed. Form small meatballs with your hands or two spoons.
- Preheat the fryer to 400 ° F. Spray the meatballs with cooking spray and place them in one layer, in groups if necessary. Fry them for about 8 minutes, turning them in half, until they get a golden brown with an internal temperature of 165 ° F.
- If you use jelly, heat it on the stove. Pour over the meatballs and toss on the coat.
When mixing the meatballs, be gentle and don’t overdo the mixture significantly when shaping. A small ball is perfect for creating consistent meatballs and then lightly shaping them for a lighter end product.
The Best, Low Carb Sides
So many delicious, low-carb sides go great with air fryer meatballs!
Here are a few of our favorites:
- Zucchini noodles tossed in olive oil and garlic
- Cauliflower rice stir-fried with veggies
- Sautéed green beans with toasted almonds
- Roasted Brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar
- Baked sweet potato wedges
These few fantastic low-carb sides pair perfectly with air fryer meatballs. So get creative and experiment until you find your perfect combination!
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, and enjoy!
Air fryer meatballs are a delicious, low-carb way to enjoy your favorite comfort food. They’re easy to make and can be enjoyed as a main dish or a side.
We hope you’ve enjoyed our list of the best low-carb sides for air fryer meatballs. If you have any other suggestions, please share them with us in the comments below!